Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Great Mouse Detective (Random Images)


Dr. Dawson: How the deuce did you know I was a doctor?
Basil: A surgeon to be exact. Just returned from military duty in Afghanistan. Am I right?
Dr. Dawson: Why, ha, ha, yes. Major David Q. Dawson. But how could you possibly...?
Basil: Quite simple, really. You've sewn your torn cuff together with a Lambert stich, which, of course, only a surgeon uses. And the thread is a unique form of cat-gut, easily distinguished by its peculiar pungency, found only in the Afghan provinces.
Dr. Dawson: Amazing! 
Basil: Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson.

Ratigan: My friends, we are about to embark on the most odious, the most evil, the most diabolical scheme of my illustrious career. A crime to top all crimes, a crime that will live in infamy![henchmen cheer] 
Ratigan: Tomorrow evening, our beloved monarch celebrates her Diamond Jubilee. And with the enthusiastic help of our good friend, Mr. Flaversham...[henchmen chuckle] 
Ratigan: ...it promises to be a night she'll never forget.[burns picture of Queen with cigarette] 
Ratigan: Her last night, and my first as supreme ruler of all mousedom!
Dr. Dawson: [Voice over] It was the eve of our beloved Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and the year Her Majesty's government came to the very brink of disaster. She... But I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Doctor David Q. Dawson, most recently of the Queen's 66th regiment. I had just returned to London after a lenghty service in Afghanistan, and was looking for a place to stay, preferably dry. Little did I know that my life was about to change forever.
Dr. Dawson: [voice over] From that time on, Basil and I were a close team. We had many cases together, but I'll always look back on that first with the most fondness; my introduction to Basil of Baker Street, the great mouse detective.
Ratigan: I have the power! 
Robot Queen: Of course you do.
Ratigan: I am supreme!  
Robot Queen: Only you.  
Ratigan: This is my kingdom![maniacal laugh]  
Ratigan: That is, of course, with your highness' permission.[the robot is idle; Ratigan slaps it to start it again]  
Robot Queen: Most assuredly... you insidious fiend.  
Ratigan: What? 
Robot Queen: You're not my royal consort!  
Ratigan: [to crowd] Such a sense of humour.  
Robot Queen: You're a cheap fraud & impostor!  
Ratigan: [under his breath] Flaversham!  
Basil: [operating the robot] A corrupt, vicious, demented, lowlife scoundrel. There's no evil scheme you wouldn't concoct.[the robot goes crazy and breaks apart]  
Robot Queen: No depravity you wouldn't commit. You, professor, are none other than a foul stenchus rodentus, commonly known as a...  
Ratigan: Don't say it!  
Basil: ...Sewer rat!

Opened: January 07, 1954 Runtime: 1 hr. 31 min. Genre: Animation, Comedy, Drama Rated: PG


No comments:

Post a Comment